Strawberry Balsamic Compote
Perfect over ice cream and made into strawberry shortcake this easy, jam packed with flavour compote is sure to please!
- 1 pint strawberries washed, hulled, and quartered
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- In a medium pot, combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for five minutes, then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes or until thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat, allow the compote to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serve over ice cream, or use it as the base of a homemade salad dressing.