Tuscan White Bean and Chicken Pasta
Tuscan White Bean and Chicken Pasta is an easy dish with Tuscan inspired flavour! Kale, swiss chard or any leafy green can be used.
- 8 oz dried pasta of choice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- Reserved chicken leg meat picked
- 1 can White Beans (Cannellini/White Navy)
- 4 oz Spinach
- 8 Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil, heavily salt the water and add pasta. Cook according to package directions (8-10 minutes depending on style and brand).
- While waiting for the pot to boil and pasta to cook, open the can of beans, strain and rinse.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add half of the butter and all of the olive oil, add the mushrooms once the butter is melted, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and add the garlic, cook for about a minute, add cherry tomatoes and continue to cook until the skins start to burst and they start to release their juices
- Add your flour and basil and stir into pan, slowly add the milk and stock and bring pan to a light simmer, add the spinach and beans, once spinach has begun to wilt add the picked chicken meat, remaining butter and your cooked pasta of choice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with grated Parmesan to serve.