The Veno Family shares a great recipe for delicious, fresh, homemade seafood chowder! Give it a try today!
- 1 lb of fresh seafood mix (bay scallops, lobster, haddock)
- 1/2 bag shelled and veined shrimp, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or small onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 medium potatoes diced medium fine
- 2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot, sauté the shallots, carrots and celery in the olive oil over medium heat until tender and translucent.
- Add the water and stock to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the potatoes and cook until softened.
- When all of the vegetables are tender add the seafood to the pot as well as the cream. Let simmer until seafood is cooked.
- Season to taste.