Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 450 grams oyster mushrooms trimmed and torn
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In large pot of boiling water, blanch spinach, in batches, for 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of ice water to chill. Drain well; squeeze out excess water. Coarsely chop; set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours.)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook garlic until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until tender and light golden, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.