Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (60 mL)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or dry sherry (15 mL)
- 1 lb stir-fry beef strips (450 g)
- 1 cup Milk (250mL)
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce or chili paste (2mL)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (30 mL)
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root minced (30mL)
- 6 cups broccoli pieces (1 1/2 lb/675 g)
- In bowl, stir together half each of the cornstarch and soy sauce with the lemon juice; add beef and stir to coat. In separate bowl, stir together milk, remaining cornstarch and soy sauce and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- In wok or non-stick skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry beef mixture and onion for 2 min or until browned. Add garlic, ginger and broccoli; stir-fry for 2 min.
- Stir in milk mixture; cook, stirring often, for 4 min or until sauce is thickened and broccoli is tender-crisp.