Garlic Scape Pesto
Easy to make and super delicious! Fresh pesto made from garlic scapes makes a wonderful pizza sauce or a great addition to pasta!
- 10 Garlic Scapes 154 grams
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast 12 grams
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/8 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil 73 grams
- Cut the scapes in about 1 inch pieces
- In a food processor, add the scapes, walnuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Processing by pulsing until the mixture begins to breakdown.
- With the processor running, slowly add all the olive oil. Continue to process until all the ingredients are incorporated and broken down, about 30-45 seconds.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within a week. You can also freeze the pesto for later enjoyment.