Fresh Corn Salsa
- 3 cups raw corn kernels (from about 4 cobs of shucked sweet corn)
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced optional
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro about 1 bunch
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, finely chopped use 1 for mild-to-medium salsa or 2 for more spicy salsa
- 1/4 cup lime juice about two limes, to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Adjust to taste, if necessary: For more zing, add about 1 teaspoon more vinegar or 1 tablespoon more lime juice. For more flavor overall, add another pinch of salt. For more spice, add more jalapeño.
- For best flavor, allow the salsa to marinate for 20 minutes before serving. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 to 4 days.
Author: Cookie and Kate https://cookieandkate.com/fresh-corn-salsa-recipe/