Dragon’s Breath Blue Cheese Corn Bake
That Dutchman's Farm Dragon's Breath Blue Cheese is featured in a modern take of a corn bake. The recipe was developed by Chef Shaun Zwarun from Membertou Centre.
- 3 cups fresh corn niblets (750ml)
- 1/2 cup diced vidalia onion (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper (125 ml)
- 1 cup cream (250ml)
- 1/4 cup panko (60ml)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey (30ml)
- 2 tbsp crushed pink peppercorns (30ml)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Dragon’s Breath blue cheese (125 ml)
- 3 tbsp minced chives (45 ml)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray medium casserole dish with cooking spray or rub with butter.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except blue cheese and chives. Check seasonings. Pour ingredients into casserole dish, place in oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add crumbled cheese, bake 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is heated.
- Garnish with chives or other fresh herbs.