Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
Chicken and black beans add lots of protein to a kid-friendly quesadilla. Use your favourite veggies and cheese!
- 1/2 reserved chicken breast from your roast chicken shredded
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 4 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan on medium heat, add cubed sweet potatoes and cook 3-5 minutes. Add onion and red pepper to pan with sweet potato and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for about a minute until fragrant. Add chicken stock and allow to come to a simmer. Add shredded chicken, drained black beans, and corn continue to simmer until pan is nearly dry. Remove from pan and place in bowl to cool.
- Place parchment on a baking sheet and place tortillas on parchment. Divide filling among tortillas covering half of the tortillas surface and then top with cheese. Fold the empty half over and press down gently but firmly.
- Quickly spray the top of each quesadilla with cooking oil and place in oven. Bake 8 minutes then flip, hinging on the folded side, bake an addition 6-8 minutes until crispy. Serve with salsa or sour cream.